Brad Becker of MS gives instructions for the ‘Silverlight Developer Reference Poster‘ PNG he posted: "Print this out in color and put it on your wall." Read it carefully, black and white won’t do and you must put it on your wall Do Silverlight developers need such clear(!)
commands instructions? I guess, without the instructions, some would print it b/w and some would put it on another thing which is not-a-wall. And, OMG, probably some wouldn’t print it at all and will try to get it free from MS at conferences…
Have a look at the poster PNG, and see what the ‘Silverlight 1.1 developer reference‘ consists of… It’s nice as a promotional poster but call it a ‘developer reference’ and I’d be insulted if I were a Silverlight developer.
- Hey, Silverlight developer, what’s the tool for Silverlight developers?
- Wait a minute, let me check my reference poster on my wall… hmm, yes, it’s ‘Microsoft Visual Studio’.
- What can yo?u tell me about XAML Parser?
- XAML Parser?!? Oh, yes, it’s a ‘subset of WPF’
- It’s in the ellipse thingy titled ‘presentation Core’
- Oh, you are a great developer! I worship you master!
- (Thanks to my color ”Silverlight 1.1 developer reference‘ on my wall.)
Seriously, if you are a Silverlight developer, can you post a comment and tell me if you’d put this on your wall or not? (Note: comments appear after moderation).