FlashPaper Viewer 1.01 API

FlashPaper Viewer 1.01 was released with the Contribute 2.01 updater (Win-English).

I am not sure why I’m not seeing a lot of FlashPaper SWF files on my regular browsing. Probably it’s because FlashPaper is buried in Contribute. I have no need for Contribute myself but planning to purchase a copy just for the FlashPaper.

The API is also now available, which is great if you want to embed FlashPaper SWF files in your Flash or Director applications.

PDF is nice, but where FlashPaper will do, it can’t beat the integration. And I almost always have problems displaying PDF content in my browser, takes a lot of time, sometimes freezes IE, so I always download PDF files for offline viewing when possible.

Now, if only Macromedia had FlashPaper available for purchase separately…

This entry was posted in Flash.

11 Responses to FlashPaper Viewer 1.01 API

1. Ars Aura says:

Flash Paper for Breeze

The latest update to Contribute comes with a new Flash Paper player that works within Breeze: Macromedia Contribute Updater. The old Flash Paper player had disastrous results.

2. Pete Mc says:

Yeh, I havn’t seen FlashPaper used anywhere either, which is suprising. It makes a great job of converting PDF’s to Flash and they seem to have kept that quiet too.
    I had a look at the “API” but it seems to be missing a function or 2, like
    removeMacromediaFlashPaperLogoAndLink()
    would be a nice touch I thought.

3. Hey B!
    I thought you could buy it now. I bought Contribute just to use Flash paper and I like to sell contribute to customers that just want to edit teir own site w/o the expense of buying the Studio or learning code, but it does simplify your design which is a downturn from keeping contribute in mind..

4. Hey Alan,
    Your site is http://www.armedstudios.tv , right? Cool.
    And, Pete Mc, about removeMacromediaFlashPaperLogoAndLink(), I agree. Without the logo and link, FlashPaper should cost more, as much as Contribute maybe, and it would worth it.
    Thanks for the comments.
    Best regards,
    Burak

5. I’ve noticed that some people come to this page searching for a ‘FLV Viewer’. One such player is available at http://www.martijndevisser.com/blogitem.cfm?id=16
    Hope this helps.

6. Martijn de Visser just released version 1.02 of his FLV Player:
    Also the link in the above comment seems broken, the page is now located at:

7. Francine says:

Does anyone know if FlashPaper can in fact be bought separately? It was originally just a freebie that came with Contribute, and now with Breeze….

8. Francine,
    Still the answer is negative, as far as I’m aware.
    Best regards,
    Burak

9. scott says:

=====
    =====
    you can unzip the installer package with a program like WINRAR. in doing so, you CAN install the FlashPaper virtual printer without having to touch contribute. give it a go… it worked for me.
    scott

10. burak delice says:

Burak Wrote : ” I’ve noticed that some people come to this page searching for a ‘FLV Viewer’. One such player is available at ”
    yeah..me too…and thanks for link burak… koç :)

11. IL says:

If you need to convert large amount of PDFs or other printable documents to flashpapers the Print2Flash may be a better choice. Print2Flash has APIs for automated document conversion.
    VBScript example:
    P2F = CreateObject(“P2F.Server”)
    P2F.ConvertDir “C:\docs”, “*.pdf”, “C:\inetpub\www.mysite.com\swf”
    Command line example:
    p2fserver.exe C:\ Docs\*.pdf C:\inetpub\www.mysite.com\swf
    In the examples all PDFs in the “C:\docs” folder are converted to Flash. The output files are written to the “C:\inetpub\www.mysite.com\swf” folder.
    Print2Flash OLE Automation API objects can run using rights of a user different from the user which creates and uses these objects. This allows converting documents from server-side scripts like ASP or PHP.
    Print2Flash batch processing also allows you to fine-tune document options like paper size, page orientation, printing resolution, etc. Unlike with FlashPaper the document toolbar and functions can be customized, too.
    Burak’s note: I moderate all comments and usually won’t approve an ad-like comment, especially to an old post. I’m making an exception for this one. The site seems OK though I’m not totally satisfied with the privacy policy, and lack of a snail mail address. Also I haven’t used the software, not even the demo.